Sunday, May 24, 2009

Moist and Yummy Dairy and Egg Free Cake



Moist and Yummy Dairy and Egg Free C
ake


I made this cake for Charlize's birthday and it was a hit.
Yesterday I decided to make her some cupcakes
with the same recipe and oh man are they yummy!
Thank you to my friend Robbi for finding this recipe for
me. I was so worried that Charlize wouldn't get the same
experience as the rest of us when it came to delicious cake.
Boy was I wrong!




1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold water (ice cold -
put ice in it to make it really cold)

1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
(read ingredients carefully only some
semisweet chocolate chips are dairy free)
1 tub of Frosting (I used Duncan Hines Whipped
Fluffy white - Be sure to read the ingredients on
the one you end up buying.)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.*

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar,
cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix well with a
fork, then stir in oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
When dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened,
pour in cold water and stir until batter is smooth.
Stir in chocolate chips and pourbatter into
prepared pan.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes*,
until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
clean. Cool on a rack.

4. Once completely cooled frost to your liking and serve.


*If you make cupcakes bake for 20-25 minutes or until
a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.




Enjoy!
Elisha & Charlize

0 comments:

About Charlize

Charlize is a lover of all animals and she is determined to turn our house into a farm if we let her. We have a St. Bernard named Lincoln and a French Bulldog/Chihuahua named Juno. Lincoln may as well be the male version of Nanny from Peter Pan. Charlize and Elijah are his best buds and he protects them from the likes of Dread Pirate Daddy and the Big Bad Wolf Mommy. All in good fun of course. Charlize is homeschooled and excels at everything I teach her. What makes Charlize so beautiful is her amazingly loving heart and soul. She cares for all things, even the spiders mom finds in the house.

About me

I am married to "my lobster" and I am the mother of a beautiful 8 yr old little girl named Charlize and an adorable 4 year old little boy named Elijah. They the best gifts God has ever bestowed upon me. My goal in life is to give them the same unwavering love my Lord and Savior has always given me. I love spending time with my family because without them and God life just wouldn't be right.




  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP