Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Black Bean Pork Chops!




Black Bean Pork Chops! YUM!




This is quite possibly one of the simplest recipes
I have ever made. I hope you enjoy it as much as
we do at the Wilson household.

4 boneless pork chops thick cut
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with liquid
1 cup salsa (I make fresh)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Season pork chops to taste. I use seasoning salt,
garlic salt, onion powder and cumin.
Select a frying pan large enough to hold
all four pork chops in a single layer.
Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
Brown pork chops on both sides.

Pour undrained beans and salsa over pork chops
and season with cilantro. Bring liquid to a boil,
reduce heat to medium-low, and cover.
Simmer until pork chops are cooked through,
about 20 to 30 minutes depending on chop thickness.
If unsure of time, cut a pork chop in half to
verify there is no pink left.


Fresh Salsa

1 Can of Hunts diced tomatoes with Roasted Garlic
1 Cup of Cilantro
1 Jalapeno (I take out the majority of the seeds)
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of seasoning salt
1/2 tsp of garlic salt
1/4 tsp of onion powder

Mix together in a blender. All the spices/seasonings
above are approximates. I usually do it to taste.

These pork chops come out so tender that even Charlize
loves them. So I usually cut it up into bit size pieces for her.I serve it with a vegetable and some red potatoes.

We hope you enjoy!!

Elisha & Charlize



1 comments:

Amy June 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

mmmmm, this looks fabulous!!! Whoa!

Have to try it soon!

About Charlize

Charlize is a lover of all animals and she is determined to turn our house into a farm if we let her. We have a St. Bernard named Lincoln and a French Bulldog/Chihuahua named Juno. Lincoln may as well be the male version of Nanny from Peter Pan. Charlize and Elijah are his best buds and he protects them from the likes of Dread Pirate Daddy and the Big Bad Wolf Mommy. All in good fun of course. Charlize is homeschooled and excels at everything I teach her. What makes Charlize so beautiful is her amazingly loving heart and soul. She cares for all things, even the spiders mom finds in the house.

About me

I am married to "my lobster" and I am the mother of a beautiful 8 yr old little girl named Charlize and an adorable 4 year old little boy named Elijah. They the best gifts God has ever bestowed upon me. My goal in life is to give them the same unwavering love my Lord and Savior has always given me. I love spending time with my family because without them and God life just wouldn't be right.




  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP