Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mothers Day Apple Crisp

The other day I decided I needed to print off hard copies of all my favorite recipes in case for some crazy reason I don't have internet and can't access all the recipes I have accrued. In the process Charlize decided she wanted to go through all of them and make something. She recently made her favorite Banana Banana Bread and now has the baking bug. She came across an Apple Crisp recipe that we all love. She then decided she had to make it for me for Mother's Day. Since we be will out and about all day on Mother's Day she made it today with her Dad while I was enjoying getting my hair done. Needless to say, she rocked it!! All the recipes we make are dairy, egg and peanut free. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did. 
My daughter is my own personal little rock star. 


Charlize is getting all of her ingredients ready to go. 


We try to use organic/non gmo as much as possible. 

 
Dad was busy being Sioux Chef and didn't get any other pics of our girl in action. Charlize decided to add blueberries to the apple mixture this time. My girl knows how her Mama likes her blueberries.
 


We added our favorite non dairy ice cream to finish it off. Charlize made sure here mama got the first bowl. Like I said my kiddo rocks.




Prep Time: 30 Minutes         Cook Time: 45
Ready in: 1 Hour 20 Minute       Servings: 12

Ingredients:
10 cups of your favorite baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dairy free butter/margarine, melted

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
  2. Place the sliced apples in a large bowl. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, sprinkle over apples and carefully mix till apples are well covered in mixture. Place the apple mixture in a 9x13 inch pan.
  3. Combine oats, 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.
You can add a cup of blueberries to the apples prior to adding your sugar mix if you would like. We have done it both ways and it was delicious either way.

0 comments:

About Charlize

Charlize is a lover of all animals and she is determined to turn our house into a farm if we let her. We have a St. Bernard named Lincoln and a French Bulldog/Chihuahua named Juno. Lincoln may as well be the male version of Nanny from Peter Pan. Charlize and Elijah are his best buds and he protects them from the likes of Dread Pirate Daddy and the Big Bad Wolf Mommy. All in good fun of course. Charlize is homeschooled and excels at everything I teach her. What makes Charlize so beautiful is her amazingly loving heart and soul. She cares for all things, even the spiders mom finds in the house.

About me

I am married to "my lobster" and I am the mother of a beautiful 8 yr old little girl named Charlize and an adorable 4 year old little boy named Elijah. They the best gifts God has ever bestowed upon me. My goal in life is to give them the same unwavering love my Lord and Savior has always given me. I love spending time with my family because without them and God life just wouldn't be right.




  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP